18 December 2005

Present Procrastionation

Fear not, all of you who aren't done with your shopping for next Sunday. You are not alone. I, for example, haven't even STARTED my shopping. It's a new record for me, I believe. I'm usually not done until a couple days before Christmas, but this year has taken procrastination to an entirely new level of patheticness.

Did I notice a calendar, perhaps? The invisible, yet LOUDLY SCREAMING date that signifies one week until Christmas?

Why yes, I did. And yes, I'm concerned. But it really couldn't be helped, honestly. Between my cash flow and a lack of ideas from the few people who I will be buying for this season, it simply hasn't been feasible until this weekend.

Erich and I will be rushing out tomorrow, our holiday shopping padded armor strapped on, to purchase the rest of the presents that don't have to be sent anywhere. Then we'll come home and drop the obnoxious money for Amazon to hopefully (!!!) get presents to their destinations on time (although I doubt it'll happen at this point).

And then, after all of that insanity, I'll get that last batch of cards addressed and stamped, and quite possibly get them over to a post office box so they can shuffle out with the rest of the card procrastinators who hope their cards will arrive by the 24th.

And then... I'll need a drink.

No comments: