30 December 2005

Hairy issues

I have a day off. A glorious, sunny day off... all for me. And said day off will kick off that glorious rare thing-- a four day weekend.

Whee!

Although it's starting off on an awkward note- I've needed a haircut for a while, and decided to trim my bangs up myself, since they need the immediate attention. This is, by the way, something I normally do because my hair is very strong and grows evenly. I've been allowing it to grow so it's longer for my wedding, and almost have it at the bottom of my shoulder blades, where I want it. To do this, though, I need to just let it grow for a while because the original cut had tons of layers in it since my hair was so thick. For eighteen months, I was good about going to the salon every six weeks. Each time, they'd trim it, but add more layers in-- some cuts facing the wrong way, and the stupid ski jump flips started showing up on my ends. I have STICK straight hair, so these cuts really are noticeable. Now it's at the point where I have so many lengths of hair on my head that I can't even get it into a ponytail without all sorts of retarded spikes sticking out. It drives me nuts.

I decided that to fix it, I just need to let it grow for a while. I'll go in sometime this spring to the salon, have the stylist do a straight cut across to clean up all of the ends, and then just continue to let it grow and get maintenance trims every six weeks so it's even and straight and can be put into an "updo" for the wedding if that's what I decide to do.

Anyway... this morning after my shower, I stand in front of the mirror, trimming comb and scissors in hand. Deep breath, even it out... cut.

Well, I trimmed the bangs a tad short. Not horrendously so, but they're about a quarter inch above my eyebrows. I'm kicking myself a bit, but with how fast my hair grows they'll probably be halfway down the lenses of my glasses again by the 10th. Thankfully, our New Year's Eve plans involve hanging out with friends, who already know I'm a goober and a klutz. *shrug*

*sigh*

If I weren't too chicken to grow out my bangs, this wouldn't be a problem...

No comments: