28 December 2005

Only an aquaintance

** removing this entry ***

Andi dropped me a surprised and pained email about this entry. Apparently my thoughts did not translate well to screen, and it misled her to think that I was talking about her no longer being a friend. Because of that, I'm removing the entry-- if she can read it as applying to her, so could a lot of people that it doesn't refer to. Which means I really, really screwed up.

I've sent her an email, but wanted to post this here in case she read it first....

Nothing could be further from the truth that I was talking about you, Andi. You are, and always has been, my sister and closest friend (along now, of course, with Erich). What I'd intended to get across with my entry was that you is the example of a friendship that has not been damaged by time, or distance, or events in our lives. You and I have had bad times, but somehow, we've always worked through it and come out on the end in a position that's arguably stronger than before.

So Andi, no... I apologize for misleading you in my attempt to be vague, and most importantly for the pain it caused you. And hopefully my email to you will clear that up, and also why I was attempting to make the entry vague while also venting my frustration. And also to explain some other things that really needed to be said.

As I mention in the email-- give me the kick in the ass when I'm being one. Because coming from you, I'll definitely be paying attention.

~ Mel.

No comments: