29 December 2005

2005 fill in the blanks

In 2005, I gained a fiance, a house, and two cats... and some weight..
I lost that post-collegiate feeling of not having responsibility for anything yet. (aka... twenty-something's over!)
I stopped dealing with tenants next door and downstairs.
I started realizing how much time maintaining a house takes.
I was hugely satisfied by accomplishing two moves (work and home) in the span of a month.
And frustrated by the miscommunication between my boss and me.
I am so embarrassed that I still suck in managing my money.
Once again, I attempted to find something positive every day, and remember to tell Erich I loved him every day.
Once again, I did not exercise as I should.
The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is I've sadly gained some weight.
The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is a lot more stress and frustration, due to my work environment.
I loved spending time with Erich, the cats, and working on my stitching.
Why did I spend even two minutes dealing with J. bullshit.
I should have spent more time contacting my long-distance friends.
I regret buying expensive lunches that I really didn't need, both cost and calorie-wise.
I will never regret buying hired time with a moving company even though with that money I could have bought all of the supplies to strip and paint at least two rooms of the house.
I fret way too much.
I didn't stay in touch enough.
Work drove me crazy.
Was everything crazier than ever last year? Or was it me?
The most relaxing place I went was Maine.
I feel so reflective when I write that down.
Why did I go to that movie that I knew I'd hate just from watching the previews?
The best thing I did for someone else was give a listening ear and a hug when needed.
The best thing I did for myself was realize the problems in my life, and start to work through them to make things better.
The best thing someone did for me was (two things) propose to me; help fund the down payment on the house.
The one thing I'd like to do again, but do it better, is find a better job.

( Fill in the blanks.. courtesy of Chicago Tribune's Mary Schmich )

No comments: