02 January 2005

Yet again, I need a flamethrower

Since age 7 I've had this very odd addiction to a hobby that almost everyone knows about, but only those really into it know the depth and complexity that it can entail. Pen pal writing isn't for wimps, folks-- it's a bonafide life style. If you don't make it your lifestyle, you'll be taken over by the mounds of paper (usually in the form of friendship books, blank stationery, and envelopes) that can grow at an alarming rate.

I'm at the point of being completely overwhelmed by this problem of my own making. And while I love the hobby, I know that I need to cut back on it... dramatically. I just can't keep up with it all. And with the internet being such a boon to the swapping and exchange side of the hobby, things are at such a fast pace now. Even in my days of being a loser in high school with few friends, I wouldn't be able to keep up with this pace.

It can be as bad of an addiction as heroin, I tell ya. You spend as much money on postage and it just consumes your life.

*sigh*

And makes the people around you miserable sometimes, I think. Erich's already announced that if we are to ever get a house, I will have a room for all of my penpalling stuff. And unless it's going out the door or is paper in a trash bag, it's not allowed to leave the penpalling room. Ever.

Yeah--- it's time to start weedwhacking this hobby. *looks around her at the piles*

Dear fucking god I'm insane.

No comments: