18 January 2005

My 2005 Book List

I have a growing collection of books that need to be read, and honestly need to start catching up with the stack. The problem is that, like all bookworms, I keep buying books and then putting them on shelves, forgetting about them until I come across them one day. And I remark that I really need to read that.

And then of course leave it on said shelf and forget about it again.

Compound this problem with an additional TWO bookworms in the apartment at the moment, albeit Jason's not quite as bad since he's been focused on getting his finances in order. We have a bunch of high bookshelves. They're pretty full.

It's time for me to read some of these, and then maybe attempt using Book Crossing to allow someone else to enjoy them. I have to accept that apart from some that I really, really want to keep, most of the novels I read won't be read again and should find their way to the hands of someone else who wants to read them.

Maybe I should come up with a list of the books I do have at some point that I'm willing to let out into the world, either as a loan or permanently...

Anyway... in the meantime, I'll start composing the list of books that I have lined up to read... listed only in the order that they're currently piled on my table as I type them in. Once I finish them, I'll review them and add links to the individual reviews. :)

Come June, when my commute switches from driving 20 miles every day to 45 minutes of train riding every day, I imagine that I'll be going through books a lot faster...

Currently Reading
Eragon by Christopher Paolini (Book one of Inheritance series)
Reaper Man by Terry Pratchett

On the shelves to read
Reading Lolita in Tehran - a Memoir in Books by Azar Nafisi
Codex by Lev Grossman
The Outlaw Sea by William Langewiesche
Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson
Falling Sideways by Tom Holt
The Divine Comedies (Omnibus) by Tom Holt
The Book of Secrets - Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life by Deepak Chopra
The Gift of Change by Marianne Williamson
Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer
Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner
The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson
Birthright by Nora Roberts
America (The Book) by The Daily Show cast
The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl
Johnny and the Bomb by Terry Pratchett
Johnny and the Dead by Terry Pratchett
Only You Can Save Mankind by Terry Pratchett
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
American Gods by Neil Gaiman -- again.
Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin -- again (people are insisting I give this another try)
The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett
Eric by Terry Pratchett
The Known World by Edward P. Jones
The Summoning, The Siege, and The Sorcerer (Return of the Archwizards Trilogy) by Troy Denning
The Cleric Quintet by R.A. Salvatore
Realms of the Dragons (a collection of tales) by various writers
Faithful by Stephen King and Stewart O'Nan
The Hobbit by Tolkein (no, I've never read it!)


Haven't bought, but still want to read..
Eldest by Christopher Paolini (Book two of Inheritance series)
Harry Potter 6 (All reading will go on hold in July, of course, so I can read this)
The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason
Nuremberg Interviews by Leon Goldensohn
Inside the Kingdom by Carmen bin Ladin
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
The Bible Unearthed by Israel Finelstein and Neil Asher Silberman
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
Conviction: Solving the Moxley Murder by Leonard Levitt
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
Smilla's Sense of Snow by Peter Hoeg
The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruis Zafon
The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
The Touch by Colleen McCullough
Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
Shade by Neil Jordan
Runaway by Alice Munro
The Fool's Tale by Nicole Galland

No comments: