19 December 2006

Sending out the cards

With the exception of family, all of my cards are done. I need one more book of stamps, and I'll have the last batch out at lunchtime.

How is it that I always wait until the last minute to send these things? And why is it that I feel more inclined to send holiday greetings to complete strangers from my internet travels, rather than send them to my own family?

Is it because I see my family as stability- that they'll always be there? Do I take them for granted? Or do I just find more satisfaction spreading cheer through cards to random people than I do for the people I know and love, who know that I love them.

There's a weird disconnect here, and it's annoying me today.

I have a couple meaty entries in progress... but have some work to get done. Hopefully I can actually get my thoughts to make sense later today.

No comments: