22 December 2006

Points with the fiance

I just became the best fiancee in the world-- Erich has a gleaming new XBox360. :)

This was a Christmas present that he knew he was getting. He doesn't know what games he's getting yet-- those will be under the tree on Monday morning. But in the meantime, he can play Halo and any of his other XBox games (of which I don't think there are many... he just plays a LOT of Halo online with the guys...).

The reason he got it early was because I traded in his old XBox and his Gamecube toward the purchase of the new system-- with his blessing. He bundled everything up for me this morning. But he realized over the course of the day that his XBox Live account would still be on the old box. To make sure everything was transferred safely, I gave it to him tonight.

(talk about acting like a kid in a candy store... he even did that excited little bodance)

It was a good day overall. I dropped Erich off at the commuter train this morning, and then went about enjoying the first day of my four day weekend. I have all but one gift bought. I just need to wrap presents, but I won't do that until Sunday morning-- with five cats who are in love with playing under the tree, wrapping paper would be shredded by Monday. So for now, things are tucked away.

Tomorrow morning I'll finish writing out my cards and get them dropped off at the post office. They're all going to points in the USA, so hopefully they'll arrive by New Year's at this point. *sigh* Still, it's better than some years, where I'm debating whether I'm just entirely too late and then just don't wind up sending them at all.

My hopes for a snowy Christmas are completely gone. We're going to have an Easter-like Christmas this year in New England, complete with April showers tonight through tomorrow. It's supposed to be about 50 degrees on Christmas Day. Global warming? Never heard of it. Maybe we'll grill ribs for Christmas dinner this year. :)

No comments: