26 December 2006

Addictions not needed

So for the past three hours, I've had the Doctor Who theme stuck in my head. Add to that a rather late night (*shitfaced grin inserted here*), and I'm a tad cranky this morning. More tired than cranky, actually. And I'm definitely NOT interested in having the Doctor Who theme whistling through my brain all day.

But I have a feeling it's here to stay today. I'm the only admin at work today. No one to chat with to take my mind away. More than likely, not a lot of work to divert my concentration, either.

Dammit.

The problem is, I know exactly why it's here, too. The 2nd season finale of the show was on Friday night, and despite being a very casual viewer of the show... I was roped in, and then VERY PISSED OFF at the ending (in both a good and bad way). Then my brain, being pissed off, kept mulling it, kept thinking about it... and then we watched it again on Christmas Day with Erich's dad and Matt... and then it firmly stuck.

Crap. I really don't want to start mulling a show over again and getting addicted to it. I thought I'd learned my lesson after nine years of the X-Files, seven years of Star Trek:TNG. Getting invested in characters, begrudgingly (and then not so begrudgingly) getting interested in fanfic.

What is it about Sci-Fi, anyway? Despite watching a lot of the series, I don't get addicted to Law & Order like this. What the hell?

*sigh*

In any case, share my pain-- get the Doctor Who theme stuck in your head for a while.

Grrrr....

No comments: