01 June 2006

Quick snippets of life...

I've been trying to work through some actual Meaty Post Topics (tm) to write about, rather than some insubstantial drivel about everyday life... not finding a lot these days, which is why my posts haven't been quite as active lately. While I continue to work through said Meaty Post Topics (tm) (which may or may not have to do with actual meat-as-food), I present the stupid thoughts and not necessarily stupid issues swirling around me right now...


Paul Simon is Stalking Me
I'm not sure if "You Can Call Me Al" is just in the middle of its 20th anniversary resurgence, or what.. but I'm ALWAYS hearing it. The Mobil station down the street from us, without fail, is playing it any time I stop there for gas or coffee. (and not always at the same time of day). It's been on the radio more often recently-- much more often than I expect a song from the 80's to be. And then today, I walk into Citizens Bank in Copley Square to use the ATM, and lo and behold, that eight-note brass opener to the song kicks up.

What's worse, is that I immediately get the mental image of the Boston University pep band's horns all moving in proper rhythm while playing it, and then being amused at the piccolo section desperately trying to sound like a unified section during their solo, rather than a jumble of chirping birds in a hockey arena. My brain has permanently infused College Band into my brain.

Seriously, though... I'm hearing the song everywhere. Did Paul re-release it or something? Is Chevy Chase making a comeback?

It's June, the Switch Has Been Thrown
Gosh, who would have thunk... it's June. Therefore, it must instantly become 10 times more humid. Whee-- my least favorite part of summer has returned.

My Cats are Insane
More often than not, Noby has woken me up around 5-6 a.m. desperate for attention. His usual method is to purr around my head standing on my pillow, do a drive-by face rubbing (making sure to let his lips spread open so I get cat drool on my cheek), and then do a brilliantly fluid flop and melting motion down off the pillow onto my neck. When I start to ignore him, he moves and repeats the motion on Erich. When Erich shoos him, he comes back to me. He also pounces movement on the television screen-- especially as I watch "Deadliest Catch."

Colley is considerably less vocal since his tooth extraction (thankfully). However, his new thing is not to cuddle up to my stomach, but to sleep on and gradually spread over my pillow. If Noby hasn't woken me up, chances are I'll wake up with my head entirely off the pillow because Colley has found a way to spread across it.

Gus, now visibly beyond the craziness of kitten-hood, is chunking up a bit and getting some belly hang-down. His thing is to walk all over Erich while we watch TV, then sit down on Erich's stomach, staring at Erich's face and doing this sniffing thing we've termed "wuffelling" into Erich's goatee. He does this several times an evening. He's very needy.

Fizzy continues to be herself- quiet, shy, demure. Except when another cat tries to play with her or pounce her. She then lets out screams and hisses that sound like she's being ripped to shreds.

Elly, who remains tinier than Fizz (amazingly possible), is in a full-out war to be Alpha Female. She goes from this incredibly cute, quiet mild-mannered plush ball suckling on Erich's shoulder to an extremely aggressive lionness out to get Fizzy. She shocked the hell out of me a few nights ago when she blatantly charged Fizzy on the bed. She also has infatuated Gus. There's simply no other reason to explain how she'll go right up to wherever Gus is sprawled, flop on him, give herself a bath, and then simply get up and walk away, leaving him stunned.

Passport? Moo?
Erich's has arrived. I applied for mine on the same day. It's not here yet. Granted, it hasn't been two weeks (that's tomorrow), but still... I'd really like for it to arrive soonish so I don't have to panic.

Me? Panic? Nah...

So... When Are You Getting Married?
The pressure's on, now that my fellow bride-to-be who was annoyed at the whole planning process has arrived at a date. So yeah... I guess it's time to get this whole thing over with and actually plan something already. *sigh* I'm going to tour a potential site once I firm up a time with the coordinator of the site. We've pared our original off-the-top-of-our-heads list of 100 down to about 65, which is honestly much less daunting to me. But it's still wedding planing... so... yeah.

I Won WoW
Other than playing Myst, Riven, and Exile with massive amounts of help from the tip book, I've never actually "won" a computer game before. But on Monday, I reached level 60 in World of Warcraftcrack. I am a mighty Tauren Hunter! Roar! :)

Of course... while my group of friends gets organized, I'm working on character #2... now at level 14.

Counting toward Vacation
Exactly three weeks to the Bahamas... counting... counting...

Work... beh
I'm so ready to find something new. I could definitely go off on a long rant here, but I won't right now, since I actually do have to work the rest of the afternoon.

No comments: