10 June 2006

Another Rainy Saturday


catcircle
Originally uploaded by measi.
Gus, Noby, and Elly have decided that I have not taken enough photos of them... they decided to sleep in this pose today. :)

As you can see, my cats hate each other. The whole feral kitten thing is clearly too far ingrained in all of them. *snort*

The weather continues to be chilly and damp here-- it's about the fifth weekend of this, and I'm so tired of not having nice weather. I think what annoys me most is that this wet streak will finally snap in a couple weeks, and rather than give us a couple of warm but comfortable weeks, the temps and humidity will instantly shoot straight up into the 90s. *sigh*

The good thing, though, is that it is giving me the perfect excuse to camp out on the couch with my stitching. I'm continuing to make a good dent in the "to do" segments of both projects, which is making me feel quite relaxed and just... satisfied. :)

My company is once again on summer hours for Fridays, so I took advantage of the afternoon to go to a couple of bookstores and pick up my supply of British stitching mags for the month. I still can't believe how much nicer the patterns are in them. And while I know there's a definite market for the genre, I get annoyed that over half of the stitching patterns in U.S. magazines all have Biblical quotations on them. Of the U.S. magazines I saw at both Borders and Barnes & Noble yesterday, only one magazine wasn't full of cutesy-country patterns with Bible quotes. Not. My. Style.

No wonder some of my co-workers raise their eyebrows when they hear I love to stitch. It's quite possible it's what they associate stitching with.

I'm going to continue some stitching today. Then tonight Erich and I are going to see The DaVinci Code.

Happy Saturday.

No comments: