26 May 2005

Okay... really... we've had enough

Last night marked the second in a row that I woke up in the middle of the night as sheets of rain hammered the window. The wind was howling outside last night. And this morning, shreds of leaves are all over the place. We haven't had a weekend with sunshine this month-- and the past two weeks have been predominantly grey, gloomy, cold, and rainy. Everyone's grumpy. We just need a good dose of sunshine.

Fucking Nor'easters. Look at the calendar-- we don't want you anymore.

Of course, the sarcastic Murphy's Law worshipper in me figures that it'll stay like this until the morning Erich and I plan to move, at which time the sun will break out of the clouds, beat down on us to create 90 degree temps, and allow all of this rain to start steaming into vicious humidity. Of COURSE it will happen that way. *grumble*

I've heard a rumor that there will be some sun over the weekend. I'll believe it when I see it.

*********

The Jeep has been fixed-- turned out it was the neutral safety switch that's attached to the transmission. All good again, and thankfully wasn't expensive. The tow over there wound up being more expensive than the repair.

Thank Goddess.

I seriously was freaked out for a moment that it was something major... like the engine.

*********

I came to work this morning to find dozens of peeps lining the corridors, all leading to the dumpsters. They appear to be fleeing our current office digs. A few poor peeps have been smashed along the way. Heh. What I'm worried about, though, is that the first few peeps are leading out from MY office. I'm not sure what the meaning behind that is, unless I'm supposed to run away with them.

(Fly my pretties! Fly!)


Just another insane day in the office.

No comments: