11 May 2005

Mid-rotation Stitching Update

I'm having a very difficult, emotional day today and really don't want to talk about it because I'll start crying again. So instead, I'm going to post craft pictures and talk about something that doesn't involve chewing me out because I don't think in the same mindset as males do.

*sigh*

Anyway... onto my work over the past two months or so... my rotation's been going much slower due to the house purchase, but I have managed to get through three spots on my rotation since early March...



(I had trouble with the camera and fabric here-- hopefully I can fix it in Photoshop later...)

Egyptian Sampler, restarted. I put about 20 hours into this to catch it back up to roughly where it was before I realized my fabric size fuckup back in January. The new fabric is 28 count antique tea-dyed *unevenweave* linen from a great little stitch shop in Plymouth, Mass. It was a bit tricky at first to start stitching since the squares are slightly uneven, but I'm liking how the uneven stitches give it even more of an authentic "ancient" look.

This will, by the way, look like this when it's done.




The Castle, after another 10 hour rotation. I'm working on the bottom, developing the rocky cliff below the castle. It's not the greatest photo, but taking a full picture of the work at this point is much better than focusing just on the rocks at the bottom, which are a bit of a mottled brown, grey, and green mess. :) My prior updates are here.

In a couple weeks, I'll do another backstitching rotation on this. During that, I'll finish outlining the dragon's head, anything left on the castle, and the small wing.

If all goes well, I'm still hoping to have this finished by the end of the summer. But the house restorations will really determine that.




I just finished my rotation on this tonight, working through hours of white on white stitching (UGH!). I've had to make some corrections for miscounts, but so far I'm going to be okay. I'm not sure where my head was when I started this pattern because there have been miscounts all over. This rotation wound up being a lot of ripping old stitches... but I did make a good deal of progress over last time.

Anyway.. there are my stitching updates. Hopefully I'll have another set before the end of the month to share. After that, stuff needs to get packed up for a good portion of June...

No comments: