06 May 2005

Friday Fiver: Fifteen Minutes of Fame

1. If you could be famous for 15 minutes, what would the headline read?

"Woman does death-defying triple flip while twisting ankle."

No. Really. It would. I can't fathom getting a headline for anything other than an amazingly stupid crash out on my bum ankle.

2. Do you think fame would change you?

It probably would in the short term-- I'm sure it would go to my head for a while. But hopefully after a while, my sense of reason would kick back in and kick the shit out of me.

3. Has your name ever appeared in the newspaper? ..what for?

Yes-- a couple plays in high school, honor rolls, and two "slice of life" photos in my childhood (a kindergarten play-- I was dashing as Smokey the Bear, I must say... and a piano recital in one of the local shopping centers)

4. Would you like to be famous for *more* than 15 minutes?

I think two or three days would be fun, bewildering, and a fascinating experience. After that, my anxiety would make it pure hell... and want it to end.

5. If you could perform one act of Good while you were famous, what would it be?

If I only get one act of good, I'd want it to be a simple one-- I'd want to donate the platelets that I donate every month, and give the recipient(s) a HUGE hug.


Courtesy of
Friday Fiver

No comments: