01 April 2005

Things I'm learning today

Teachers' Editions of textbooks-- especially history textbooks, are entirely too heavy.

As my office prepares to move, we're getting rid of older editions of textbooks that we don't have use for. Most are brand new copies-- usually preliminary review copies that might be missing a few photos or review printings after corrections have been made. Instead of throwing them in the trash, though, we're putting all of them in boxes and donating them to a non-profit that uses the materials to stock developing countries' libraries and schools.

And at first, I didn't think we'd have that many to donate in my department. Working in a publishing house, the stacks of books literally become invisible after a while. If they're on bookcases, you simply don't notice them.

Until today, when I realized how huge this project for my department will be.

Heh-- this is when the mewing for help via email comes in handy...

~ Mel.


Edit: The "Processing whining" button for April Fool's Day is cute. I think LiveJournal should leave it that way... I'll make good use of it over the next twelve weeks. ;)

No comments: