15 April 2005

Swirling life in a nutshell

It's been a strange, chaotic week, and I just haven't had the energy to sit and collect my thoughts. I imagine that tomorrow, with well over 12 hours of "Me Time," I'll be able to do a couple of good, long journal entries. I miss doing the ones with substance and meaning, as opposed to prattling on about my day to day life and venting about stress at work.

So, while I'm hoping to compose some promised entries (i.e. questions from Liamstliam and Bozoette Mary) done tomorrow as well as some additional topics I want to wrap my head around, I need to do a bit of a filler entry with my life in general.

Really, things aren't that bad here. I'm actually doing quite well. There's just a lot going on. So... here's my life currently in a nutshell.


Work: Is crazy as always, but as the office move to Boston grows nearer (6 weeks from today), my brain is spinning more. I'm just about at the point where my priorities are shifting from everyday work to the move coordinating. My coworkers aren't liking the change... but they're going to have to suck it up and deal. Especially since they ignore my pleads for some assistance with getting stuff done. Someone's got to get the cleaning out of random paper done.

House Purchase: After a couple of tense moments this week regarding problems with insurance policies, we're in good shape. We've arranged for an insurance policy. They've sent over a statement of acceptance to our mortage broker. We have electrical fixes that have to be completed within 45 days of sale (which is fine-- it just shifts our priorities for "getting things fixed" a bit). We close two weeks from today. Isn't that scary? And at this point, all we really have left to do is get the gift letters from both of our mothers, have my mom wire the down payment money to my bank account, and take a first time buyers class the week we close. Oh-- and show up for the closing, of course. :)

Apartment: Jason moved out at the end of March. We initially were bracing for three weeks of quiet before Erich's dad moved in with us for a while. But-- that has changed, thanks to Erich's dad finding a new contracting job. Ironically, he's also going to be moving to Rhode Island. It's the hip place to be, apparently. So until we move, we have the place to ourselves. Which means much easier sorting and packing to move.

Wedding: All plans are on hold for now until we get into the house. My guess is that come late July/early August, I'll really start looking at dresses and getting plans in the works for the wedding. The current plan, while nowhere near firmed up, is that we'll have the wedding ceremony in Roger Williams Park in Providence, and then have a casual appetizer & cocktails party at the house afterward. Timeframe is either Mother's Day or Memorial weekend next year.

Organizations: Tau Beta Sigma stuff is winding up for the school year soon, as the end of classes are in two weeks. I'm very proud of the chapter. They've come amazingly far. On the other side of the coin, I'm now on the planning committee for JournalCon 2005, which is being held in San Diego. (come... you must! Really!)

Hobbies: Penpalling has fallen by the wayside in recent months. I've accepted I'm just in a burnt-out stage. I've just encountered a lot of pushy, rude people over on Yahoogroups that really suck the interest out of me. I know I'll get back into it at some point, but I need the break, I think (and my money really needs to go elsewhere right now... obviously). And maybe when I get back to it, I'll just get out of all of the yahoogroups. I need to get a lot of fb's and slams moving so they're out of my apartment, but energy has been a factor. I do plan on making a good dent on that this weekend. Which is about what I say every weekend. Stitching is going well-- I'm just about to finish my rotation on The Castle. I've slowed down into a longer rotation this round, doing probably 15-20 hours per project. It's making a noticeable difference on where things are. This weekend I'll get back to working on my Christmas Stocking. I expect to finish my current rotation by late May, and then will pack everything for the move.

So yeah, that's my life at the moment. :) It's good. Really. I'm just so busy that remembering to eat is an issue right now.

Hopefully some good, cathartic writing will appear this weekend...

~ Mel.

No comments: