16 April 2005

A day alone

I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it is to have it be past 7 p.m., light outside (with sunbeams as the sun sets!!) and have it warm enough that I can keep the sliding glass door to our balcony open to allow fresh air in.

No idea.

And it's going to be in the mid-70's tomorrow. Pinch me.


It's been a nice, relaxing day by myself today. Erich left to head to Providence around 10:30. He took the camera so he could take pictures around the house (so I know what kinds of flowers might be coming up, now that we're at daffodil and the start of tulip time). He won't be home until probably 2 a.m. or so-- if he decides to drive home tonight.

So I've had a day to putter. And putter I have. I went up to Arlington to Cross Stitch Unlimited, where I resisted the urge to blow all of my paycheck. I picked up the metallic threads I need for the freebie Elemental Dragons from Dragon Dreams (and ordered the three that I haven't been able to find). They had copies of two limited edition (to 1000 total copies) pieces that I snatched up, and a downright adorable (and funny) sampler called Mirror Mirror by Abbey Lane Designs.

Because I don't have enough stuff listed in my stash yet, you know... *sigh*

Anyway, the shopping trip was a very comfortable $37. I can swing that. But really, it's such a kick-ass shop. I hadn't been there in years-- I think the last time I was there was probably with Ivanna back in '96 when I bought the leaflet for The Castle.

After leaving the stitch store, I decided to take a small drive up Route 4 since it was such a beautiful day. I drove through Arlington Heights and up through Lexington-- past the Battle Green that will be absolutely insane on Patriots Day this Monday for the re-enactment of the start of the American Revolutionary War.

I drove home with the radio cranked, windows down. The beautiful weather just seeped into me, and by the time I got home, I felt more alive than I have in months. I think I need to make sure to get out more-- just to get some life into me. I've become too much of a hobbit in the last year or so.

After lunch, I caught up on some dishes and dealt with the very frightening cat box. *shudder* The cats have been worshipping me since.

Minarae called a couple hours ago to discuss JournalCon stuff. Thankfully it wasn't the huge issue that it COULD have been. Missing passwords for logging in to measi.net is a BAD thing.

Shit-- I need to make sure the TBS pages are still accessible.

Anyway... I've sorted all of my stitching stash and made a nifty little Excel workbook with my rotations, projects not yet started, goals, etc. It's quite spiffy. I need to not buy any more kits until I have at least five finishes. Seriously-- I have 40 projects sitting in the wings. It's scary.

Dinner, doing some stitching, and maybe later some penpalling cleanout is in my near future. Oh-- and perhaps some late night journal entry action.

Woo hoo. :)

No comments: