28 February 2005

There's a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon...

Meh. How to knock someone out for a full day and make them miss everything on Sunday-- really bad Chinese food. I'm not sure if it was purring or not-- per the song-- but it's definitely angry with me.

(sorry, Sisters-- I was completely out for the count and barely able to get off the couch, let alone drive to Boston).

Apparently I wasn't the only one affected by it, either. Meh.


In any case, due to the Chinese food, it wasn't too productive of a weekend. I've knocked a couple things off my list so far. New webset is in the works for my website and journal. Did a ton of backstitching on my dragon this weekend (scans coming this week... probably Wednesday). Attempted and failed miserably to get the laundry done. That will continue tonight as we get yet another 10 inches or so of snow. Whee!

I wouldn't mind the snow so much if the old stuff could melt off first. But it's getting VERY disgusting out there. Erich commented this weekend that he can't wait until the spring rains wash it all away. I'm seconding his assessment. The grimy roads come late February are tiresome. I honestly don't mind the snow. It's just the grime that comes with it.

April showers-- come early. Please.

I received a phone call from my boss yesterday-- but didn't recognize the name immediately because she didn't change her last name when she married. So for about a half-hour after the call (where she didn't leave a message), I was trying to figure out WHY the caller ID name was so familiar. When I realized it was Linda, I immediately assumed that if it were something she needed me to call her back on, she would have left a message.

Turns out, as I found out today when I came in-- Linda broke her wrist on Saturday. She went to the ER. They gave her painkillers, but she has to go to her doctor today to get a go-ahead for possible surgery on it (depending on whether it's shattered or not, I guess). Either way, painkillers aren't working. Hopefully she'll be okay. The good thing is that it's not her dominant hand. The bad thing is that many of us are wondering why the hell she would have gone rollerblading at the age fo 50, kids or no kids.

So, it looks to be a weird week. Hopefully productive. Hopefully a bit relaxing at times. But it's going to be weird, regardless.

No comments: