25 February 2005

Sadistic Sims

I've come to realize that playing The Sims (in any form) is therapy. I get to run the lives of the poor sims and determine exactly which route they're going to take.

Of course, every once in a while, I download a house or an object that has a crack attached. Last night, I discovered a rather amusing one had come into play... and one that brings a whole new level of sadistic player behavior to the world of the Sims.

Someone cracked the "teens can't have sex" code and happened to attach it to a house download. My teen sims now have had sex. And unbeknownst to me, the computer randomized some things while I was focusing on another sim in the house... and the sim daughter got pregnant. The thing is that I didn't KNOW she was pregnant, because unlike adult sim women, they don't get the stereotyped maternity clothing or have growing tummies. On further inspection, though, they do waddle.

So what did I do? I made the teenager get married, of course. Her husband moved into the house, and we now have three generations living under one roof. And both mom and dad are days away from becoming adults.

Oh yeah-- that's allowed now, too. Teens can get engaged. And married.

But the teenagers are still going to school. And working their part-time evening jobs. And their parents don't seem to mind this.

It's very amusing. And entirely too perfect.

I can only imagine the insanity when the University expansion pack comes out next week.


*snerk*

I need to start showing screen shots.

No comments: