24 February 2005

* poof *

Poor little Fizzy's pissed off at me right now. I had to give her an emergency wipe-down bath around 9 a.m., and she's HIGHLY offended at me.

Mind you-- it's her own damn fault. But of course, being that she is a cat and all, such details don't matter. What matters is that I had the audacity to bring her into the bathroom and wipe through her fur with a soaking wet washcloth. And not just a spot cleaning. Oh, no-- Every inch of her. Oh, the horror!

The reason for this travesty? Miss Fizz was insanely curious about a green bottle of Gold Bond powder this morning and tipped it over. As it hit the floor (next to her), the cap popped off, and talcum powder went

POOF



All over her.

Now-- I heard this commotion and immediately assumed it was The Other Black Cat (tm), aka Augustus Mousedeath, Researcher of Gravity, and went into the bedroom to find him.

At which time a tiny little five pound black cat comes tearing out of the bedroom, well dusted.

She was about to start grooming herself when I scooped her up and rushed to the bathroom, keeping her at a full extended reach from myself (both because of the powder and because she's very pointy and hates being picked up).


So... how was everyone else's mornings? ;)

No comments: