30 October 2007

Sitting Ritual

So... I'm planning on sitting Samhain ritual for the first time in, well... a while.

Partially because I have someone to quietly mourn and farewell (my mother in law).

Partially because this year's Samhain definitely is the passing of a time in my life.

Partially because I haven't sat ritual in quite a while.

Partially because I do, honestly, feel a yearning to sit.


I'm now at the point with ritual that I don't remember my own circle casting by heart. I used to have it to memory. I haven't cast a circle in, gods, two years? Three? Something like that. I'm a tad rusty. My athame's probably a tad rusty, too.


Le sigh. I'm a bad Pagan.

The real question is whether I sit tomorrow night, or do I wait until Friday, go to the TBS 1st degree, and then go out to my college ritual spot - the dock - and sit there. I haven't been out there in a few years. It is tempting.

But then again, I haven't exactly sat ritual at my own house yet, either.

Decisions, decisions...

No comments: