21 October 2007

Home

7:45 p.m., Sunday, October 21, 2007

I get into my Jeep following the Tau Beta Sigma rush tea to head home. I drive a couple blocks down Beacon Street, and make the U-turn to head back toward Kenmore Square.

As I get closer, the police cruisers, the barricades, and the officers come into view. And then the throngs of people come into view.

And then I hit the bridge - and to my right, the huge floodlights of Fenway Park illuminate my car. My shuffled songs on my iPod reaches Dirty Water, and I crank it as I drive through Kenmore Square, watching the block party that is the area around Kenmore and the Park.

Dammit, Boston is my home, and there's nothing quite like driving through my home turf a half-hour before the first pitch of Game 7 of the ALCS.


50 minutes later, and I'm on my couch, watching the game.

And life. is. good.

No comments: