19 September 2006

Guilty kitty


I didn't do nothin'
Originally uploaded by measi.
Cats are retarded.

Lovable, cuddly, cute as hell... but completely retarded. And really, really weird.

Today's example: Noby

Around 3 a.m. this morning, I wake up to the sound of Erich muttering as he climbs back into bed about a stupid cat. I ask what's going on, and I get the most random answer:

"Noby stole the toilet paper."

My brain doesn't really process this comment - whether a lack of comprehension or dismissal as one of my many disjointed dreams, I can't say. I fall back asleep, waking up again as Erich shuts the bedroom door because our daily episode of the Noby and Elly Mutual Pouncing Show began at the ungodly hour of 4:30 this morning.

The alarm goes off, and I trundle to the bathroom in that barely awake stupor, where I find... no toilet paper. And then I get the vague memory of being TOLD about this. I go back to the bedroom and ask Erich.

"I don't know where he put it. There's more under the sink," he mumbles.

Later, I find out that as Erich was using the bathroom in the middle of the night, Noby followed him into the room. Not surprising-- we usually have one feline attendant in the bathroom with us, whether we want it or not. As Erich was using the toilet, Noby apparently reached down into the open tube of toilet paper (that neither of us had bothered to put on the roller yet) yoinked it, and ran.

So somewhere in our house is a roll of toilet paper-- probably stashed either under the bed or under the couch. Undoubtedly, it will be a shredded toy by the time we get home tonight.

Guess what our first chore of the night will be?

Happy Tuesday...

No comments: