02 March 2006

A pox on the garbage men

FOUR FIFTEEN this morning. FOUR FUCKING FIFTEEN!

The sad thing is that I was already awake due to my sinuses deciding to stuff up about ten minutes before that. So I knew exactly what time it was. I had my glasses on as I propped myself up in bed, waiting for the meds to kick in so I could go back to sleep.

FOUR FIFTEEN.

And we're not talking just the regular garbage truck here. They came at the more civil hour of 7:30. This was the recycling truck. So as I try to fall back asleep, all I hear is the grinding of the truck gear as it goes down the street, the hiss of the brakes, and then the VERY LOUD crash of bottles and cans.

Of course, between my stirring to get meds and the noise outside, all five cats woke up. The kittens went into play-tackle mode. Colley started walking on me and meowing.

This is going to be a serious over-caffeinated day just to get through it.

Fuckity fuck fuck.

No comments: