27 February 2006

Webbage

It's been all over my friends' pages for the past couple days... but Diary-X is no more. For various reasons, both explained and not, it's not coming back. Everything's lost. Apparently some of the more devoted DX'ers are going to try to put together a replacement... and I wish them the best of luck.

Yeah, I'm a bit sad. Mostly due to the connections I'd made there. I mean, hell-- in just over a month, I'm going to the wedding of two people I met through DX... and who met each other through DX, for that matter. Until the end of 2004, my entire relationship with Erich was written about as it developed.

Erich lost everything he'd written there. I've done an archive search for some of his stuff... and did find a few writings, which I saved to my computer for him. But for the most part, everything's gone beyond what I had the sense to cross-post to diaryland or LJ. At some point, I know he'll set himself back up. I've (of course) offered whatever he wants on measi.net.

Le sigh....

But it's time to move on, as many others are doing. In my case, that's getting around to finally making my journal how I want it. I've found a WordPress template that I like, and it's uploaded and live. I just need to get the entries transferred over there, and then move everything into the blog folder. It'll take some time, but it's stuff I want to do.

As I work on that, though-- I need updates for webpages so I can update my links. I've found some on the DX form that was set up on the old site. But if you haven't added your info there and are reading... drop me a line and let me know where you've moved to so I can find you again.

~ Mel.

No comments: