25 June 2005

This is not a news flash

I am a packrat, and I really need to start learning how to throw things out right away. *sigh*

To beat the near 100 degree heat today, we stayed in the apartment... specifically in the living room, and worked through it. Erich and I decided that our goal for the weekend should be to pack up the living room and kitchen, since that's really the most amount of work. After we get that done, packing the other rooms and the closets should be fairly easy. We should have the living room done before noon tomorrow, and then we'll start working on the kitchen.

In a strange portion of perfect timing, the fridge seems to have crapped out on us here. We may lose everything in the freezer and fridge, which annoys me... but I also have to remind myself that it's simply less stuff to move if that happens. We need to call the landlord on Monday to let them know, though. We don't want to get charged for a new fridge on our security deposit. Especially when we have to cover the last two months of our lease already. *sigh*

Somewhere in the next four days, we also want to try to paint the bedroom at the house. Erich thinks we're going to have plenty of time. I'm not so sure about that... but I suppose we could make trips down in the evening and do a step of the work each evening.

I've uploaded some of the photos of the house, and will add more of them sometime next weekend once we're moved in. The pictures so far are here. The floors are now done and dry. They look beautiful. :) Before we move in on Thursday, we just have to do some sweeping on the kitchen steps, where a lot of sawdust and nails are still sitting. And then we need to move the furniture that was in some of the rooms back to their original spots, so the movers can get through the different rooms (or at least the kitchen).

Otherwise, I'm doing okay. Still coughing from the post-cold bronchitis. I have an inhaler, and it seems to work a bit. Hopefully once all of this moving and dust disturbing work is done, my lungs will start healing up.

Off to bed...

No comments: