08 June 2005

Catching up on some quizzes and tags...

A Pirate Raider

You scored 3 Honor, 1 Justice, 8 Adventure, and 11 Individuality! More than just the usual swabbie, you demand not only the life at sea, free from landlubbers and their rules, but also you require adventure and excitement. You're happiest when the guns are blazing, the risk high, the outcome uncertain, but the chance for reward substansial. Your kind are welcomed as allies and feared as enemies.

Put on your wooden leg and hook. You'll do just fine!



My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
You scored higher than 2% on Ninjinuity
You scored higher than 1% on Knightlyness
You scored higher than 80% on Cowboiosity
You scored higher than 91% on Piratical Bent

Link: The Cowboy-Ninja-Pirate-Knight Test written by fluffy71 on Ok Cupid

-------

Via a tag from meadowbird...

1) Total number of books owned? Probably around 500, give or take a couple dozen. The collection is currently scattered between Randolph, Stoughton (storage space), Easton, PA, and Billings, MT (parents' storage rooms).

2) The last book I bought? Champions of Ruin for our general gaming group. I haven't bought any for-pleasure books in a while because I have a ton in my collection to read.

3) The last book I read? Night by Elie Wiesel-- read it in about two hours in an afternoon.

4) 5 books that mean a lot to me?

- Dancing Shoes by Noel Stratfeld. My first full-sized novel that I read when I was five. It took me several months, but I read it by myself. I still have my copy at my dad's house, and have read it many, many times.

- Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder. While the rest of my kindergarten class was learning letters of the alphabet and basic reading skills, I was sent down to the first grade classroom to have a one-on-one reading class, using this book as my primer. :)

- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston. I was introduced to this novel in college, where I had it in two literature classes (Modern and American) during the same semester, and by chance on the syllabus, was reading it for both courses at the same time. It's sensual, tragic, complex, and empowering, all at the same time. (translation - if you haven't read it, you need to do so.)

- The Book of Mormon, which taught me how plagarism, from a charismatic's mind, can be a powerful weapon over those who refuse to question and think for themselves... and how easy it is to slip into such a non-thinking mindset. I don't believe a single word of it (well, okay...... I might consider some of which is lifted, chapter by chapter, from the Bible), but in a weaker time, was willing to ignore what screamed wrong to me and almost got dunked.

- I'm forgetting the fifth, but there are many out there that I've loved or have some importance to me... one's just not coming to the fore right now...

5) Tag 5 people and have them fill this out on their LJs journals:

Minarae
Erich
Tone
Kimee
Krisztina

-------

Via a tag from saxysai...

Ten Songs I Currently Like:

1) I Go Back - Kenny Chesney

2) Crucify - Tori Amos

3) Mr. Brightside - The Killers

3) Speed of Sound - Coldplay

4) In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel

5) Jack & Diane (live '03 version) - John Mellancamp

6) Cherry, Cherry - Neil Diamond

7) Dirty Water - The Standells

8) Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
(and if you watch this, you will never, ever get the image of kittens in viking helmets rocking on a boat out of your head whenever you hear the first riff... EVER.)

9) Tiny Dancer - Elton John

10) Serenity (acoustic hand drum version)- Godsmack

I'm not going to tag-- add if you want, and let me know. :)

No comments: