27 March 2005

You got questions? I got answers!

A few days ago, I posted an ask-me-questions meme. Two lovely women dropped comments and questions for me-- and so, as promised, my answers to anything...

First, from Bozoette Mary, who has been giving sound, helpful advice on the mortgage suggestions lately... :)

1) How did you come to be a pagan?
Through a weird combination of my parents divorce, seeing the cracks in the reasoning of my childhood faith (and that of my friends), and accepting the beliefs that I've always had but hadn't validated until I went to college. I grew up a very devoted Episcopalian. The long version I'll have to turn into a full entry, honestly-- because it could take a long time to explain (and honestly get my own thoughts around). Through a lot of reading and prayer, I realized and came to accept (at first very warily) what my beliefs were, and why they fit under Paganism.

The short version of the answer, though, is that everything fell into place by one cold afternoon when I entered a Pagan shop in Salem during my freshman year of college. Things just clicked.

I'll do some more work on an entry on this for later this week. Because this question really is a deep one that I should give a proper answer to.

2) Do you have a dress yet?
Sadly, no. Other than talking rough dates, I haven't done any planning yet. I have an idea of what I'd like for a dress. But I need to go try a couple on.

3) Are you having fun?
Lately? Definitely. It's strange to say, but I definitely am. :) Life's been... interesting.. this year. In a very good way.


And from my West Coast twin, Minarae...

1) Are you laughing as much as I am over the fact that the two of us both turn 30 AND got engaged the same year, and are getting married within a month of each other??
Yes. I'm also rolling my eyes at how insane it is. :) You're sure that your birth record is correct, right? You weren't adopted from Butte sometime in January '75, too?

2) Now that you have a house, are there any new pets you might add to the three cat collection you already have?
If we were home more often, I wouldn't object to getting a dog. But we're not going to be home enough to properly care for one. We've joked about a pet-pet kitten for Gus to keep him occupied.

3) What's the most romantic thing Erich has ever done for you (aside from the engagement)?
Oooh... tough. I have two. And I honestly can't pick between them...

The first would be our first anniversary get-away to New Hampshire. Erich picked the place and surprised me. The bed & breakfast that we stayed at (fyi... that picture is of the actual room we had) was incredibly romantic. And the power was out for the first night we were there due to a bad thunderstorm-- which just added to the atmosphere.

The second thing was something very simple. Last Valentine's Day ('04), Erich had flowers sent to my office. But instead of the basic rose bouquet, he sent me red tulips and blue irises. They were so pretty and so different for Valentine's Day. I still think of them all the time.



Thanks for the questions, guys-- anyone else want to throw some out there? :)

~ Mel.

No comments: