19 March 2005

*annoyed*

Erich's at work and Jason's out with his potential girlfriend, so I have a day at home to get whatever done. So far, it's not going well.

Gus has decided to be an asshole and keep jumping up on the bookshelf that has a ton of stuff on the top shelf. He's managed to break two porcelain Santas that were up there already. (Thankfully clean breaks, so I can fix them with crazy glue).

We have our mortgage application meeting tomorrow morning down in metro Providence. In order to qualify for first-time buyers (since we make too much together to qualify), Erich's name is going on the mortgage loan alone. I will be added to the title and deed with him. Just in case they're needed, though, I've been pulling my information that the lender asked for. Thankfully, it wasn't that much-- tax returns for the past three years, a copy of the Purchase and Sale on the house, most recent paystub. No problem right? Well... the tax returns are giving me a little headache. We got our '04 ones done last night. 2003? Check. 2002? Where the FUCK are you?

I have three strange gaps in my taxes. I've always kept them in the same spot. I may be disorganized, but I've made a strong effort to at least keep my taxes together. And my '98, '00, and '03 returns were right where they were supposed to be. But '99, '01, and '02 are missing. I'll be searching as I clean through stuff today, but it nearly broke me into tears because I was trying to deal with Gus and find these at the same time. And I've never had a reason to pull them out, so I don't know why they'd be out of the folder set that I've stored them in.

I'm hoping that mine aren't needed since I'm not going on the loan. Or at least not right away. I'm going to bring the records I have anyway, just in case, and contact the IRS on Monday for duplicates.

Grrrrr... Erich, thankfully, has all of his stuff together, so hopefully we're okay.

I need to do a serious day or two of paperwork sorting. Once Jay moves out, that's my priority project.

The rest of the day today is going to be little projects. I promised Erich I'd do some ironing for him. We have a small amount of laundry to wash. A ton of laundry that needs to be put away. New swaps to announce on my penpalling lists. Swaps that I need to get out the door. Little things that will take some time, but that I should be able to get done fairly easily.

But this disorganization is seriously pissing me off. It's past time for a scouring. Anyone have a flamethrower I can borrow?

No comments: