10 March 2005

Gaming segway...

We had our monthly World's Largest Dungeon game last night. Things went well. In our allotted four hours, we did some good scouting and mapping, as well as re-equipped ourselves with weapons. Since there are only rare opportunities to purchase things (technically not part of the game, but Derek's cool and has some joint sessions with all groups to trade, discuss, and purchase things), these types of discoveries are key.

I find that I actually am fascinated by the dungeon crawling. It can be tedious at times, but the constant discovery of new rooms and being the mapmaker is fascinating to me. This place is huge. We've barely scraped the surface of it, even though four separate groups are scouting. I have to wonder if any of the other groups have left the area we are in and are adventuring elsewhere in the dungeons. I think there are around 12-16 sections or so. We've been on section one for the entire time.

(that might be changing soon!)

I need to catch up on my notes and personal mapmaking for the adventure. There's a lot going on, and since I missed one session, I have been lax at cleaning up my notes into a final archival form. I'd put the updating as one of my spring cleaning goals anyway, so hopefully I can get that caught up in the next few weeks before we play again.

And I leveled my character (yay!)

Erich's game is on Saturday. We've made a plan to clean up the sty that comprises our apartment between tonight and Saturday morning (since tomorrow evening we have a birthday dinner to attend).

I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to use for my itch-avoidance during the 12-hour gaming stretch. I just can't sit still and concentrate for that long, so I use my backstitching projects to keep my mind off of the starting itches of hives (which have been so bad this winter with the cold air). The problem is that after the last session of Erich's game (two weeks ago), I finished a LOT of the backstitching on The Castle. I don't know whether I'll have enough to keep me occupied all game. I guess I'll just do whatever I do have, though, and then just stop for the day. Egyptian Sampler (which is my current rotation piece) is just too complicated to stitch on AND concentrate on the game.

Back to work...

No comments: