05 November 2004

Some honestly non life-shattering thoughts

Originally a locked entry on Diary-X

In light of some recent events, I'm deeply considering leaving DX.

The discomfort has been growing with the management for a while, and I don't feel comfortable sticking around with the behavior over on the forums. Michelle is a fucktard. She's extremely rude, has an open license to attack anyone she wants without repercussion, and if others toe just a bit out of line, they are of course whipped.

Unfortunately, she's also the wife of the owner of DX. Which is why it's futile to really try to do anything about it.

I've been a member here since March 2001. Every year, I've paid for my account and donated double my "rent" so to speak, out of graciousness for the space. And yes, it's inexpensive. And yes, I like the features here for the most part.

But most of the people who I was close friends with here on DX have left. Of course, a couple specifically decided I wasn't worth their time anymore... but that's a different little rant.

After the Nervousness.org temper tantrum by Stephen in late 2002 (where he just decided out of the blue to shut the site off, no warning, no explanation-- just because he felt like it-- when people had things of monetary value hanging in the air to send to people), I started backing up all of my entries for Diary-X over on Diaryland. I have a near-identical journal over there-- right back to March 29, 2001. I don't like Diaryland better. I hate the baby pink and blue color with yellow accent color scheme. But unlike DX, there really isn't the b.s. that is pulled here.

Maybe it's just because I'm dumb enough to go on the forums. I dunno.

In any case... then Arisia 2003 came around, and I went to a panel on online journaling. EVERYONE... and I mean EVERYONE over there had a livejournal. I met cool people. But they were all connecting via livejournal, and to really keep up with them, I'd have to also go over there. I hated the idea of the elitist must-have-code-to-join bullshit, but got around that with a short paid membership fee. And then, that became a third journal.

See where I'm going here? Yeah, I know. Blogwhore is appropriate here, idn't it?

Needless to say, my livejournal gets a hell of a lot more traffic and comments than DX or DL put together. I feel like I'm part of a community there. But at the same time, this journal on DX has been my diary "home" for nearly four years.

I guess I just need to think about this. But really, I can't take too much more of the born-again hypocrite Christian "I'll get knocked up before we get married" pony show.

I really can't.

And no, I'm not paying my membership fee in January.

No comments: