12 May 2007

The motherless Mother's Day

A few weeks ago, our friend John R. dropped me a note to ask me what I thought about having a LAN party this weekend. Last year Erich and I hosted a Memorial Day one (to counter the annual Thanksgiving LAN out on the Cape), but John will be in China this year for Memorial Day, and wanted to have one before he left.

So he offered to host. He then asked me how I thought Erich would feel about having it Mother's Day weekend, given his mom's recent death. I told him that I honestly didn't know, but I'd imagine he'd far prefer being with friends than he would be spending it alone.

And so the plans developed. We'll be heading to John's this afternoon for a shortened overnight LAN, partially to just be with friends and goof off, and partially to be there for Erich on the first real reminder of events. From what I've heard, it's going to be a smaller but comfy group of around 6 or so.

No comments: