25 January 2007

Thursday Thirteen: iPodding, redux

It's time to play iPod shuffle again. :) All of these songs are from the 1980s. Extra points to those who know both song and artist. (you'll get a virtual cookie). And even more points if you know a movie that the song was in (not all are from movies, however).

Answers will be posted Sunday.


Thirteen Songs from my iPod


1. They'd dearly make us pay / For laughing in their faces / And making it our way

2. You've got some fascination / With you high expectations / This love is your obsession / Your heart, your past possession

3. Something's happening / Happening to me / My friends say I'm acting peculiarly

4. I've got your picture, I've got your picture / I'd like a million of them all round my cell / I want the doctor to take a picture / So I can look at you from inside as well

5. I get so tired of working so hard for our survival / I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive

6. I'm gonna get myself 'cross the river / That's the price I'm willing to pay / I'm gonna make you stand and deliver / And give me love in the old-fashion way

7. With so many light years to go and things to be found / I'm sure that well all miss her so.

8. When your day is through / and so is your temper / You know what to do / I'm gonna always be there.

9. Gonna let it rock / Let it roll / Let the Bible belt come down / And save my soul

10. The body is wrapped is shadow / The face is built of cinders / And painc tears through your silhouette / As you're squeezed by burning fingers

11. I wouldn't lie to you, baby / It's mainly a physical thing / This feeling that I got for you, baby / Makes me wanna sing

12. Dream if you can a courtyard / An ocean of violets in bloom

13. And I know the night is fading / And I know that times gonna fly / And I'm never gonna tell you everything I've got to tell you / But I know I've got to give it a try.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



No comments: