20 November 2006

Last day

My personal stuff is removed from my office. It's definitely not bare-- the work of an administrative assistant requires that there's a ton of paper everywhere. But by five, I'll have the last remaining things on my desk tidied and labeled. It feels very, very weird to be leaving here. My emotions are a bit mixed today. I honestly consider that to be a good thing. I'll put of my thoughts to writing tomorrow during my downtime. I have a few topics to roll through in my head before I type them out. I may not finish them. I might not write them all down, depending on the tone they take. Some may be too trivial and fleeting to really consider noteworthy.

I'm happy that I'll have the next few days to decompress, regear myself, and enjoy the holidays. Erich and I bought our turkey yesterday (in case we had to buy frozen, since we didn't order one). We decided on a large turkey to ensure leftovers. Last year's 14 pound bird just didn't have enough for our liking. I think I maybe was able to scrape out one good batch of turkey salad from the leftovers. So this year we're going on overkill- a 22 lb turkey for four people.

Heh.

As of now, the group will be Erich, his dad, our friend Matt, and me. Quiet and cozy.

Tonight I'll be making my shopping list for the rest of the supplies needed, plus food for the weekend. We're going to the annual LAN party on Cape Cod, starting Friday night and running through Sunday. Lots of soda, snacks, and coffee are needed.

Other little mentionables...

I signed up to participate in Holidailies again this year. I'll be posting at least one entry per day from December 1-January 1. If there's anything specific you want me to write about (read: I need some ideas!!!), toss a comment my way so I can start scribbling. This includes odd memes, Thursday Thirteens, and any random topics.

I also was accepted into the Thursday Thirteen blogroller this past week-- for anyone stopping by... Hi there! :)

If I haven't already done so, I'll be dropping anyone who requested a card a little confirm email & to swap addresses where requested. If you're interested in one, go here. :)

Okay, I'll stop. Seven more hours... :)

No comments: