07 November 2006

Busy week, lotsa news...


Mighty Samurai
Originally uploaded by measi.
It's already been a life-altering week for me in very good ways. I did something that shocked the hell out of me, scared me, but also made me so relieved that I was fighting back tears on several occasions over the past 48 hours.

I've found a new job. I gave my two week notice late this afternoon.

It's a sentimental thing-- I really will miss my coworkers and the idea of working in publishing. But alas, publishing is not to be. I'd asked through HR, I'd asked other managers for suggestions, and no leads turned up. So I had to look elsewhere. I"ve been stagnant for a while-- six years in any job will do that. I was feeling burnt out and not used to my potential. I desperately needed a change.

I've found a great opportunity to use both the skill set I've developed over ten years of administrative work, plus start really working with the journalism degree I earned through undergrad work. I'll be in an entirely new industry. Lots of new stuff to learn and to challenge me. That's what I desperately need.

I'm psyched. And sad. And excited. And weirded out.

So... strange.

But it's been a good day.

And the political landscape change is making that even better. :)

No comments: