16 August 2006

SBQ's

It's a Wednesday, which means that I'm actually on time for my Stitcher Blogging Questions...

8/9/06: For those of you who use hand or over-dyed floss, how do you store it? Currently, my collection of Weeks Dye Works and Sampler threads are stored on their tags, lying flat in a drawer. Nothing special-- but I store DMC threads on wound bobbins in crafting storage tubs that have slots made for bobbins. (Well, mine are actually made for Matchbox car collections... but they work just fine!)

8/16/06: Do you have an organizational system for your fabric? If so, what is it? If not, what do you store your fabric in?

I'm in the process of putting together a system, actually... but for right now, the answer is no, sadly. It's scattered around my hosue at the moment. However... going into the next question of the week for my grand plan...

How do people store their fabric, especially those small but potentially usable pieces? Do they sort by count? How do they label it or otherwise know what each piece is?

Ideally, I'll have all of my fabrics stored by count size, and then labelled with their officially given color (although that's honestly not as important to me... as long as it works with the threads).

I have an Excel spreadsheet that lists all of my kits, charts, specialty threads (no DMC listed, but Kreniks, overdyes, beading notions, etc.), WIPS, etc. Ideally I'd like it to also list the fabrics (and estimated size) that I have in my stash.

No comments: