19 August 2005

Where was I...

I was tagged by Minarae...

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was 20 years old and just about to start my junior year of college. After two years of living in dorm rooms at Warren, I decided to change my scenery and was moving into Hamilton Hell with Janice (a lesson in bad roommate-ing, if there ever was one). It was the beginning of a very wild year for me, between marching drum line, turning 21, being a big sister in the sorority, writing sappy X-Files fanfic (that really kept my growing depression at bay), and lots and lots of college hockey, thanks to season tickets right behind the bench.

What was I doing 5 years ago?
Five years ago last week I started my current job. I was living in The Beast and was very lonely save my friend in Colley, but trying like hell to stay in Boston. Moving to my pseudo-home in Pennsylvania to my mom's wasn't really what I wanted to do. At that point, I hadn't started gaming with JT and Tan (that came about a month later). I was in a dark, dark place in my misery and not sure where to look.

What was I doing 1 year ago?
Gus was turing one year old. Erich and I were preparing for another year in our apartment, and Jason was living with us (having just lost his job). I was thinking of my grandmother a lot, since it was the first anniversary of her death. I was beginning to consider serious prayers about the November election that the nation would vote Bush out. Alas...

What was I doing yesterday?
Worked all day. Came home and watched some TV. Played the Sims. Enjoyed the crickets on a beautiful evening and looked out at the yard, which had a slight glow from the full mooon.

What am I doing today?
Today I worked from home, organizing some of my filing and timesheets that have scattered over my cubicle. WHile working, I also ran the dishwasher since our sink was getting scary. After my 1/2 day of working at home, I fell asleep on the couch, waking up to find Colley curled up in a ball on my stomach (he's doing that a lot lately). I did some afternoon errands for cat supplies and random house stuff, and then picked Erich up from work. We got specialty hot dogs for dinner, and now are just puttering the house. And I'm listening to crickets again.

Five snacks I enjoy:
Chips & salsa
Pretzels
Popcorn
Cheese (really any... cheddar, string, plastic slices...)
Apple slices with cinnamon sugar

Five bands I like:
U2
The Killers
ELO
Fleetwood Mac
Enigma

Five things I would do with a million dollars:
Pay off our mortgage
Buy new cars for the two of us
Reimburse my dad for college
Pay for some miracle cure to lose weight
Run away and elope somewhere far away.

Five locations I would like to run away to:
Australia
Egypt
Ireland
Bora Bora
Japan

Five bad habits:
Biting my nails
Scratching my face (out of habit from hives)
Chewing on my hair
Being lazy about exercising
Being lazy about cooking

Five things I like doing:
Spending time with Erich
Reading
Cross-stitching
Penpalling
Creative writing

Five TV shows I like:
Mythbusters
MXC
History's Mysteries
X-Files
Dog: Bounty Hunter

Five famous people I would like to meet:
Liam Neeson
Jodie Foster
His Holiness, the Dalai Lama
Nelson Mandella
Bono

Biggest joys in my life at the moment:
Being in love with Erich
Being engaged TO Erich
Owning a house
My cats
Having a wonderful circle of friends

Five favorite toys:
My computer
Our funky big-screen TV
Digital camera
All of the gadgets in the house that DON'T REQUIRE QUARTERS ANYMORE!!!
The cats (live-action toys)

Five people to tag:
Tone
Tuba?
Gag
Bunny
Erich

No comments: