06 August 2005

Stitching happy dance

I've finished my first piece since 1996. :) It's little, but it's quite cute... and the photo honestly sucks... I'll have to redo it in the morning when I have better light. New photo added. :)



Fire Elemental Dragon by Dragon Dreams. It's a freebie pattern on their website, and the first of five in the series that I'll be stitching. Air, Water, Earth, and Spirit are the other four.

It's so nice to have a finish. Adding some really little pieces into my rotation was definitely the right idea. At this point, I may finish all five by Christmas, which would be fantastic. And with The Castle coming along nicely, too, it could be a very big year for me stitching-wise.

----

And since I didn't get to my Stitchers' Blogging Question on Wednesday due to an absolutely horrid day at work...

8/3/05: Have you hand-dyed your own fabric? Why or why not? Would you like to try to do so? No, I haven't. Until a month ago, I really wasn't in a living situation where I could have even thought of doing so-- renting an apartment doesn't lend itself to a lot of creative fabric work. :) Now that I'm in my house, it's more of a possibility, although I don't expect to do my own anytime soon. I'm enjoying the professional work in my fabrics-of-the-month too much!

---

I've been working furiously on Egyptian Sampler this week. I should be finishing my current "official" rotation on it sometime next week/weekend, but I think I may work on it for about 20 hours to really get some work done on it. I'd like to get the center three figures done (save backstitching), and possibly the outline frame. I'll get a photo up of it sometime after I finish its rotation round.

No comments: