08 July 2005

Friday Five: World Events

1. How did you learn about yesterday's bombings in London? I found out when reading my friends page in my LJ. I wondered what Qelen was talking about... and then switched over to CNN.

2. Do you have any personal connections to the area? Some online bloggers, penpals, and a few work mates.

3. Do you use public transportation? Every workday, yes.

4. Have you ever let threats of terrorism change the way that you live each day? "Let" isn't a fair word to use, IMHO. My day to day life hasn't changed due to terrorism threats. But governmental laws and added security have altered things slightly-- not by my choice.

5. If you could say something directly to the person or group responsible for this tragedy, what would you say? I wouldn't, honestly. I imagine talking to them would be like my attempt to talk to someone who is an Evangical Christian on the far Republican Right-- if you don't agree with them, you're not really going to have any meaningful conversation. It would be a waste of my time.

Courtesy of Friday Fiver.

No comments: