12 October 2001

I was woken up by an odd phone call this morning. One of my penpals from Australia called me at 7:30, and kinda kept nervous giggling at me. I was completely asleep, and I think I was more than a bit rude on the phone, partially for being in half-zoned state, and partially for getting a call out of the blue from someone who I didn't give my number to. *wince* I have to admit, though... it scares me that people just randomly call when I use a post office box for penpalling, and I *don't* give out my phone number. I hate talking on the phone. (see my regular journal about social phobia).

I guess it just seems like a bit of an invasion of privacy. And it seems to be a recurring trend with penpallers these days. I mean... if someone doesn't give you their phone number and say "sure... call me anytime..." then DON'T.

--Mel.

No comments: