12 September 2007

*shying away from calendar*

So…

Ten days out now.

My mom will be here in less than a week.

Things are moving along quite well, actually. It’s been weird to see things falling into place after months of frustration, freaking out, and stress. Barring any last minute complete panic issues, I think we’re in relatively good shape.

I've made my final order to the caterer. Dropped my dress off at David's to be pressed/steamed and made sure to make the pick-up appointment for when 's dress is ready next Wednesday. Contacted the local Maids office for Rhode Island to see about having them come out to do a final cleaning of our house. Erich contacted the guys who came out to prune trees earlier this year regarding yard cleanup. And we've just been doing some bits and bobs that need to be done.

Things that have kind of fallen by the wayside:
- a garter. I'm not tossing one, so really I don't need one. David's doesn't carry plus-sized ones. If I find one at Michael's or JoAnns, great. Otherwise, eh.
- a memory box/letter box for cards. It's my mom's new fixation point that she keeps asking about. So... fine. When she's up next week, we'll go get one at Michaels or JoAnns.

I'm still waiting on my dad to get back to me with our father-daughter song (I'll be calling him tonight if I don't hear from him). Erich and I need to get in touch with our friend who's marrying us so we can review what we're doing. Our actual vows ARE written, but the ceremony isn't quite hashed out. Not that it's going to be long, of course. But we definitely will need to discuss it with the rest of the wedding party, too.

And we need to get the rest of the upstairs cleaned up - get rid of the stuff in boxes and put my bookshelves back together. I need Erich's help on this solely because I have absolutely no spacial relations ability at all, and he seems to get bookshelves whipped into shape very quickly.

But yeah... almost there.

*crosses fingers*

My biggest worry at this point is just fatigue. It’s not really the insanity of getting things done, but how I’ll hold up over days of celebrations:

Thursday, all day – “The Old Lady Day” (coined by my mom, not me). Spending time with Mom & my adopted aunts, doing the lingerie shopping, hopefully having some good, strong drinks.

Friday, all day – “The Girly Day” Spending the day with my bridesmaids doing spa stuff and getting spoiled, followed by my bachelorette party in the evening.

Saturday – Unrehearsal BBQ dinner at the house, 4 p.m. “until”

Sunday – The wedding

I’m very glad we’re taking the full week off afterward. I imagine it’ll be Thursday the 27th before I feel like myself again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The time will fly - remember to enjoy it :).

One idea for a card box - take a shoe box, cut a slot in the top, then gift wrap it in some wedding paper (or just white or silver paper) - should cost you about $2. Or, if that's too much right now, then by all means buy one!

Anonymous said...

All the best for the big day! (I'm getting in early, in case I don't get chance to get online on the actual date). :D

Anonymous said...

The count down is runnig :)

bozoette said...

Just be sure to do this one thing on your big day: have fun!! Smooches to you and Erich.