23 April 2007

Took long enough

I've been quietly following this case for a while. I was shocked to see it on CNN a couple minutes ago when I was checking the news...

Wiccan symbol OK for soldiers' graves

I'm honestly not surprised it took so long to get this approved, but at the same time, I was astonished at how absurd the VA was in dealing with the families of these men and women who sacrificed their lives for this country. Well... no, I'm honestly not.

To say no, you can't have your own religious symbol tastefully put on your marker. Why? Because it's a pentacle. And therefore, it's bad. *snort*

In my less than official opinion, someone who has died defending this nation should have the right to put any symbol they want (or their family wants, on their behalf) on their gravemarker - whether it's a cross, a star of David, a pentacle, or the Discordian apple.

Hell, let them put the Flying Spaghetti Monster on the stone.


I think they've earned at least that small little right for what they lost.

No comments: