12 April 2007

Thursday Thirteen #23 - Movies

Tomorrow night, the Mendon Drive-In opens for the season. We won't be going this week (as it's too friggin cold), but both Erich and I are excited about the new season. There are lots of good movies to see under the stars this season. :)

So this week's T13 will be the movies I want to see this year.

I also have a favor to ask the T13'ers out there-- next week, I'd like to do a T13 of random questions... so pose one to me! Can I get 13 questions to make next week's meme a bit more interesting? Anything at all... ask me. :)


Thirteen Movies I want to see in 2007


1. 28 Weeks Later - I'm sure I'll spend half of the movie hiding my head as I did with the original, but I do like getting scared. And I know it's a movie Erich really wants to see, too.

2. Spider-Man 3 - I didn't enjoy Spidy 2 as much as the first one... but I'm a sucker for sequels.

3. Shrek the Third - ditto on comments for Spidey. But really... it's all about Puss 'n Boots. :)

4. Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End - Saw the first trailer for this on Tuesday night with Grindhouse, and I'm a bit worried about it honestly. I think that it was smart to open this earlier in the season, particularly with the behemoth in July.

5. Ratatouille - it's a Pixar film. And so far, I've enjoyed everything they've done. So yeah... bring on the beautiful animated work. :)

6. Transformers - I confess... I didn't like them as a kid. Why? Because I was a girl. Oh, and my brother liked them. Which means I couldn't. But now I can because it's part of my childhood (and my brother's over 2,000 miles away)

7. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - if we want to see this at the drive-in, I imagine we're going on a Tuesday night. Otherwise, we won't be able to get a car spot until late August (if Pirates last year was any indication...)

8. 1408 I love John Cusack. I admit I probably won't be able to stomach this one... but it looks so creepy...

9. Hairspray I really don't know why. I honestly don't. It's probably the idea of John Travolta, Michelle Pfeiffer (where the HELL has she been?!?) and Christopher Walken in a musical together...

10. The Borune Ultimatum Matt Damon. Yum.

11. Resident Evil: Extinction Won't be seeing this for a couple of weeks post-release... but we'll see it.

12. The Dark is Rising I loved reading this as a child. It's listed for a 2007 release... but I'm not sure that's actually going to happen. It would be a very fast turn-around, considering it's filming right now.

13. eh... I can't think of a 13th... *blush*

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



No comments: