02 July 2006

High School Madness

stolen from Bozoette, while I figure out what the heck is wrong with my computer. Photos and Bahamas recaps coming later today...

High School Madness!

1. Who was your best friend? Andi and Darren (my boyfriend)

2. What sports did you play? I gave softball an attempt my sophomore year of high school, but otherwise I stuck to jazz and ballet lessons outside of school. Oh, and some Tae Kwon Do.

3. What kind of car did you drive? My dad's Mazda RX-7 mostly. On occasion, his Accura Legend.

4. It’s Friday night. Where are you? High school football or basketball game, followed by bowling (frosh, soph years) and/or making out (junior/senior).

5. Were you a party animal? No.

6. Were you considered a flirt? I never heard that I was. I would presume no, since I had the same boyfriend throughout high school.

7. Ever skip school? Not a full day, no. But I did occasionally forge notes when I was running late. :)

8. Ever smoke? I tried a few my freshman year because all of the "bad kids" were doing it, and I honestly had a desire to tarnish the obnoxiously goody-goody image I had.

9. Were you a nerd? Yes. Resounding YES.

10. Did you get suspended/expelled? Never.

11. Can you sing the Alma Mater? Yes! :) And the warped version of our cross-town rival's that we used to sing.

12. Who was your favorite teacher? Mr. Tangen, the band director. Absolutely incredible guy. Tough as nails exterior, complete teddy bear interior, and treated high school students like the young adults they were. He gave respect, but demanded mature behavior in return. AND he honestly worked to have us learn classical music. How many high school band directors would give their band the full version of Cappricio Espagnol or Holst's Planets suite to work through and perform (at proper speed)?

13. Favorite class? Band and english.

14. What was your school’s full name? Billings Senior High School.

15. School mascot? Bronc (sans Denver -o)

16. If you could go back and do it over again, would you? Parts, yes. But for the most part, no. College on the other hand...

17. What do you remember most about graduation? It was the first time that my parents were together after their divorce. I remember being on edge the entire time they were there. I also was in an ankle brace for graduation, so I remember having to wear my black converse high tops because no other shoes would fit.

18. Were you 18? Yes – I turned 18 that January.

19. Favorite memory of your Senior year? Honestly, senior year was a very difficult one for me. I spent a good chunk of the year dealing with a relationship that was crumbling (and with no past experience, it dragged out most of the year). The sad memories have evaporated the good ones.

20. Were you ever posted up on the Senior Wall? I don't think we had one.

21. Did you have a job your senior year? Yes

22. Who did you date? Darren all year, although one of his good friends from the Mormon ward, Che, took me to senior prom (one of those little parts of the whole bad senior year thing)

23. Where did you go most often for lunch? As soon as I had my license at 15, I went OUT. Almost every day.

24. What did you do after graduation? That night was an all-night grad party at the school. Then I went back to the same things I did every summer-- dance recital, two weeks in Hilton Head, see the grandparents in PA, and then head to California to spend the last month with my mom.

25. When did you graduate? 1993

No comments: