05 January 2006

SBQ's

I'm honestly drained of writing ideas-- anyone have topic suggestions?


Until I find some inspiration, I'll catch up on my Stitcher Blogging Questions...

12/28/05: How do you balance your stitching time with your other obligations such as work, household chores, etc.?

It hasn't been a struggle for me. If I have too much to do house-wise, it annoys me so much that I just don't stitch. If I were doing more obligation stitching, I may feel a bit more stressed about it. But I stitch when I have the free time and feel like pulling my hoop into my lap.

At the moment, I have a one-hour train ride each way to commute to work-- so when I'm awake, that's nearly two full hours of stitching every day. When the weather's lousy, I'll eat at work (now that we can buy food in the building) and possibly get in about 15-20 minutes of stitching. Evenings depend on what's going on at the house-- we rarely do any big cleaning projects on weekday evenings because we don't get home until 7 p.m. At this time of year, it's dark before we leave Boston anyway- so outdoor projects are definitely out. Dishes and a load of laundry are really all that can be done on weeknights.

On Tuesday and Wednesday nights, I'm guaranteed stitching time because Erich has "clan night" for one of two games with the guys-- World of Warcraft (Tuesdays) and Halo 2 (Wednesday). I usually plunk on the couch, turn on the TV, and grab a hoop.

So yeah... it's not a big deal. If kids factor in the picture, I know that will definitely change things.


1/4/06: Do you do your stash shopping at your LNS, ONS, or both? Which do you like better? Why?

I prefer to shop via the local store (LNS) because I feel there's really no substitute to surrounding yourself with the projects available, looking at sample work in person, and seeing the threads up close. But I have done a lot of online shopping as well. Ususally when I do online shopping, I don't go through a store, though-- it's usually through ebay or a person-to-person transaction off one of the discussion boards I belong to.


~ Mel.

No comments: