13 January 2006

Almost done!

I'm slowly but surely finishing up The Castle. As of Monday, this is what mine looked like:



I'm working on the final stretch of rocks below the long tail of the dragon now. I'm hoping to get it done by the end of the month. It's definitely feasible, but I'm thinking mid-February is a definite.

Then all I have to do is the backstitching for the lower half of the pattern... and it's DONE. (and then I'll just pick up another Teresa Wentzler and punish myself again... hee!)


Ivanna's wedding blessing is coming along very well so far. I've put about 15 hours into Apache Wedding Blessing (to be known until I finish as "Apache")-- a lot of it watching playoff football.



The shadowing on this piece isn't as noticeable when I'm looking at it on a hoop, but in this photo, it's definitely there. With how definited the feather already is, I'm curious to see how strong it will be once I get some backstitching on it!

This weekend, I'll be focusing more on Apache, but I'll definitely do some work on both of them. It's coming along well!

~ Mel.

No comments: