03 January 2006

Changes in the Wind

It's been over five years since I've taken a look at the ol' resume. I honestly don't know where the electronic copy has gone. It's probably buried in the hard drive of a computer two cycles old.

But as I cleaned through our department files last week, I found a hard copy of my resume in my manager's files, still sealed in a pink confidential envelope dated July 2000. Never opened.

Interesting...

Anyway, I photocopied the resume and the attached materials and added the original into my personnel file. I took the photocopy home.

It's time to polish it and cast it out into the river of employment opportunities to see if anything bites. I'm stagnant here. I need to grow and don't have any opportunities where I am.

It's now been sent to a couple of friends who offered to pass it along. Cross your fingers.

No comments: