16 January 2006

A long weekend of ffflah...

Oh Patriots, how painful that was. Really. I was trying to find a way to blame it on something... anything. Was it the elevation in Denver? Did someone eat something disagreeable? Was there liquid heat in your jockstraps? Alas, I couldn't find a reason. It definitely wasn't the cold-- it was FIFTY-TWO FRIGGIN DEGREES IN COLORADO IN JANUARY (!!!!).

But yes, the Patriots sucked. Hard. And lost.

Le sigh.

Watching that killer of a Steelers-Colts game, though, made up for it. Damn, what a fantastic post-season nailbiter.

I'm rooting for the Steelers now, FYI. I grew up with Broncos fans. Ugh.

-----

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was basically downtime. It rained all day Saturday. It snowed all day Sunday, introducing the cold air that New England has oddly been lacking so far this season. The cold air came back with a vengeance, too. For the past two days, I've felt the drafts creaking through the joints in the house. Next summer's project is definitely to get the windows taken out, reglazed, restrung, and insulated.

I've done a lot of stitching. I've caught up on some bills and email. But other than that, it's been uneventful.

I really, really don't want to go to work tomorrow.

---

A huge thank you to the sixteen people who have popped out of lurker-dom (or non-lurker-dom) to say hi this week. I'll be checking into everyone's journals that were left. :)

~ Mel.

No comments: