04 November 2005

NaNo'ing to the weekend...

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
8,215 / 50,000
(16.4%)


*stunned*

I'm getting there! :) So far, I've had two really, really good writing nights and one that kept on pace with the minimum words per day. According to my handy Excel spreadsheet, at this pace I'll be done on the 19th.

By the way, if you have never seen said Excel spreadsheet, or just need a new copy, leave a message with your email address and I'll send you it over the weekend. It's a FANTASTIC NaNoWriMo tool. I've used it religiously for four years now. It really helps with getting my mind into the "okay, I need to push myself to this much today..." and then know where I can chill out and just write for the hell of writing.

I'm hoping to have two very, very good writing days this weekend so I can pad that wordcount even more. Ideally, I'd like to rack up around 7,000 more at least over the weekend so I don't worry about days like the 16th when I know I won't be writing due to our World's Largest Dungeon game, or days like the LAN party on the Cape, where I'll get some writing done, but can't guarantee I'll get a full day's worth due to all of the fun distractions... like Ghost Recon and Unreal Tournament 2K4.

----------

We're supposed to have a beautiful weekend weather-wise. It might reach 70 degrees tomorrow. The odd thing is that the leaves in lower Mass. and Rhode Island still haven't really fallen from the trees. In fact, our trees are just now starting to get significant color. Mostly yellows right now, but we have one bush that's a brilliant orange so far. Every morning I'm peeking out at our maple trees to see if they're going to turn red. :)

Since it will be so nice, we'll be getting a good deal of yardwork done this weekend. The grass needs a final mowing for the season to cut down the weeds, and we have a bunch of broken branches that we need to break up and bundle for trash pickup. We'll probably get a couple bags of leaves raked up, too-- but raking will most likely be a Thanksgiving week activity, judging by the progress of the leaves.

If my mom would bother sending home my camera, I might actually be able to take and post some pictures!

No comments: