10 October 2005

Work frustrations

Random announcement: If you're trying to get in contact with me via email, please be patient-- both of my computers are out of commission at home at the moment. Hopefully I'll get the PC back up and running by the end of the week.

Friday was a completely shitty day here at work, complete with me losing my shit and crying in my manager's office. Underlying everything is the knowlege that has been milling about for a while, but I just haven't had the energy available to act on it-- I need to find a new job. I need to get out of here and move on. I'm not happy. I'm stuck in a job that is regressing from a higher level admin job of five years ago to something that's becoming more menial every year. And I've been getting the sense that there is some power play issues going on here with our new cross-site manager.

I'd rather leave on my own terms, thanks.

So I'm going to start looking. Calling the temp agencies. Looking at the offerings of other companies. Maybe even take a look at different colleges so that I can work and possibly take classes toward a certificate.

It needs to happen sooner rather than later, and now that I know what I have to do, it's time to kick my ass in gear and get it done.

*sigh*

No comments: